Sunday, January 1, 2012

Letter 6

Dear Prodigal Child,
A new year!  I hope you see the possibilities and potential (positive) outcomes that can be in this year for you.  It saddens me that you were not home to celebrate the incoming year with us.  Once again, I am eternally grateful that you are safe, even though you are away.

As the father of the prodigal son in the Bible forgave his son, I will forgive you, too.  Forgiveness does not mean that I will allow you to have your way, when you do return to my home.  When you were given the freedom to go and do as you pleased, but with a curfew, you forgot the responsibilities that go with that freedom.  Now you need to re-earn that freedom, as well as trust.

Many blessings to you, whether you are by my side or far away, over this next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment