Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Letter 5

Dear Prodigal Child,

Today, I learned that the girl you ran off with is still missing.  It makes me so much more thankful that you were able to walk away from her, and turn yourself in.  I've tried to help her parents with as much information as I can provide for them.  The few days you were gone have really pushed me to help them find her.  It's not as a punishment.  Instead it's to give the parents the sense of relief I have felt.

Even though I'm frustrated with your behavior, I am impressed with the efforts you are making to turn this around.  Not only did you walk away from a friend, who you could see was not making the best decisions, but you turned yourself in.  Even knowing that you will be in Detention, but not knowing for how long.  This is a great example of how you need to start taking responsibility for your own actions. 

When life gets back to normal, I hope that you remember the tough lessons you are learning.  Above all, keep God in your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment